09 February 2009

And the Winner Is...

Mr. Benjamin Butz. Please see me at your leisure to claim your prize.



And now that I'm finally here, well, what to say? I've been thinking about this for a very long time. This represents a step in my, well, what shall we call it? For lack of a better term, I'm going with the 'reawakening' that has been a part of my Quarter-Life Crisis. I first mentioned the Q-LC as a joke when I turned 25, and didn't really think anything of it. But since 2009 rolled around (and, according to my gchat logs, maybe a week or two before), I've had this insatiable desire to create a change in my life. I've sought to change my demeanor, my health, my financial situation, the organization of my apartment and my overall mindset. I have made all of these my New Year's resolutions in one way or another and, surprisingly to everyone (but mostly me), it's over a month later and I'm still with it!

This is quite possibly the strangest thing I have ever felt, this desire to improve myself and the ability of my mind to overcome my laziness (and affection for fermented beverages) to accomplish things on my to-do list. This is quite possibly the most unusual thing I have ever witnessed from behind my two eyes. It's almost like a bad (good?) reality show, where I tune in each day, wondering what will happen next? And I still manage to surprise myself.



So, we'll see how this goes. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, lest I get sick of doing this and fall off of the bandwagon yet again.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: