04 August 2009

The Power of Positive Thinking

Ok, so as you may or may not know, my life has been changing majorly this summer (which is a story when I'm running off of a decent night's sleep instead of excessive coffee).

Anyway, I've been working on a movie set for the last few weeks, and a lot of the people I meet have high hopes of making it big in Hollywood. One common conversation piece is, "What do you want to do when you grow up?"

Most folks answer this question with something along the lines of "I want to be a director" or "I want to be a producer" or similar rhetoric.

One young man named Randall answers the question, "I'm going to be a director." The very concept of 'want to be' and 'going to be' that this 22-year-old has established in his life simply blows me away. The more I think about it, the more inspired I am to move on to the next phase of my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment